Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Eco-DIY - Rustic Lamp

I'm pretty excited about this DIY. It was made using scrap lumber from a log home builder in my area, and a simple lamp kit. Girls, I did this one myself, so grab your boyfriend or husbands tools and make one too! I was after a rustic look, but you can make a lamp like this out of anything! For instance, go to a salvage shop and use an old pillar. Anyway, I'm very happy with how it worked out. Let me know what you think! (This is a prototype, as I'm going to have more made to sell in my store, Sustain).




*Note: This kind of project isn't too difficult if you know what you're doing, but it can be dangerous if you don't as working with electricity (wiring the lamp) and power tools can cause serious injury or fire. If you are unsure, grab someone who is and get them to show you.



Bookmark and Share

7 comments:

  1. This was a present for me and I love it! 2 things guys love: tools and girls! Celine is good with tools so I have the best of both worlds, but please be careful as working with power tools and doing your own wiring is super dangerous if you don't know what you are doing. Ask for help if you are unsure - I would hate to see something happen to my girl or my tools!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this project. You can jazz it up by painting wild designs on it or simply by staining the wood. I like the natural look of the one you make. I also like Jonathan's comment. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Celine, I just discovered your blog through desire to inspire's "winks". I am really enjoying your posts so far. I also came across this blog http://www.poetichome.com/ you may know it, it also has some great upcycling ideas. Best of luck, looking forward to seeing more posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comment and the encouragement!!! I will definitely check out that blog; you can NEVER have too many good ideas.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just saw your web site on aol its an incredible web page you have done an excellent article.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am new to the boards and just wanted to say i am very very happy to read this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love your blog and I think your article is so awesome!! I love antiques and what a way to go green!! I think the towels would just be so adorable also. Thanks for sharing the story about how it was made. Makes it that more special! Take care, Fran.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails