Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Vintages: Jeanne Connolly

Boy do I relish my new issues of ReadyMade!!!  I find myself full to the brim with project ideas after reading a new issue...it just leaves me pining for more free time.  A favourite find from this issue was Jeanne Connolly, the creater behind Vintage Renewal - she takes old ugly furniture and gives it a new lease on life with a coat of paint of some great fabric (although I don't think the fabric is organic...but maybe she'll do something custom).  After admiring great refurbishers like Jeanne and Barb from Knack (a girl after my own heart), I'm wishing I lived nearer to flea and antique markets than I do.  I'm left with a local Sal-Y An, which is limited on choice and pretty expensive, garage sales and a re-store.  Oh well, I quite enjoy my weekly forages anyway, and where's the thrill without the hunt.  At any rate, if I find any treasures of my own I'll keep you posted.  Until then, enjoy Jeanne's lovely work, and pay her a visit too!  There are many more goodies where these came from!






Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

  1. jeanne is a sweetheart! "be green, buy vintage, buy handmade"!

    http://www.raenovate.com/2009/08/revived-vintage-renewal.html

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails