Thursday, May 20, 2010

{eco} design: Simon Carver

Last week I told you that, since green designers can be hard to find, that I was going to start posting spaces that I like and give little suggestions and sources to make it a little greener.  Welcome to take two!  This week I'm featuring Simon Carver, a interior stylist from Melbourne, Australia.  I think I must be attracted to electicism lately - I'm craving spaces with personality I guess.  In my own home its always a struggle to balance personal peices with design, especially when you hate clutter, however, there's nothing worse than a home that doesn't look lived in.  Perhaps this is why this apartment decorated by Simon caught my eye.  I appreciate the industrial, rough luxe elements, the mix of styles and furniture and the personal feel - yet the space still feels modern.  Like the look?  Here's a few sources you can try in order to get this look with a good dose of green.

You'll pay a pretty penny, but get a driftwood version of this amazing pendant light from Bleu Nature.  Find vintage Tolix tabouret at Antiquaire Online.  Check out Icestone for a similar worktop, and finally, get beautiful, eco floors from Eco Timber

 Do you live in Canada?  If so, get a modern, clean sofa with some serious eco-cred from Montauk (one day, I will have one!!!).  Live in the states? Try Martha's Vineyard Furniture Co.  My favourite way to get the vintage-mod look of the chair and coffee table shown here:  check out second hand stores by granny's cast-offs, then have them recovered in a fabulous fabric of your choice!  Some of my favourite online sources are Daisy Janie and Mod Green Pod.

Hmmm, bedding is a hard one, but, a little birdie just told me that the super fantastic Amy Butler just came out with organic sheets and towels!  Seriously!  Get them here for a graphic look like this!  Find an uber cool eco-friendly radio made of wood, and designed by Singgh Kartano, and buy it here.  In the market for a mattress?  Try a biodegradable, totally organic natural latex mattress.  Super comfortable minus all the yucky chems that offgas while you sleep. 
 
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails