Friday, February 25, 2011

{green} traveller: Soho Beach House


Hello Friday!  The green traveller is back, giving you a little mini-holiday, a little boost, or a touch of inspiration.  This hotel has been in my file for a while now, and I cannot believe that I haven't shared it sooner.  I LOVE it!!!! So well done.  The Soho Beach House, located in Miami Beach, is housed on the historic site of the Sovereign Hotel.  Restored and resplendent, the hotel now exudes the most unusual vibe... part retro mod, part American midwest (check out the cowshed spa, you'll know what I mean), part Hollywood Glam.  The best part?  The entire thing is furnished with vintage pieces.  How wonderfully upcycled... This is of course why the hotel is so untraditional.  A refreshing change from the normal 'hotelier design'.  Sigh... I can nearly taste by beach side mojito.

xo
Happy Weekend  

A lunchtime terrace - love, repeat, love, the tiled floor.




The barnboard is perfect, and hopefully, reclaimed.

The icing on the cake... the hotel's Cecconi's Italian restaurant is painfully elegant, retro, hollywood glam.  Yes please... I'll have whatever you're serving.


2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails