Friday, February 18, 2011

{Guest Blogger} Weekend Recipe

SweetPotatoPie_Recipe_web - jpg
Since I introduced myself as Pure Green Magazine's new illustrator, I thought it might be fun to include a little illustration on the blog today. A few weeks back, the Pure Green team had our first editorial meeting in Montreal. Michelle hosted us at her lovely home and I brought my favourite pie for dessert, Sweet Potato Pie. It's guaranteed to be a crowd pleaser, so if you're in the mood to make a super yummy dessert this weekend from a very healthy vegetable, give it a go! Be sure to leave a comment and let us know how it turned out.

Have a wonderful weekend!

- Bess -

5 comments:

  1. I have partaken of this pie, and I can't say enough good things about it. Go. Make it. Eat it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bess, I really love your artwork, it's very clean and CUTE! I've never tried making sweet potato pie. I'd love to, but I have to think of another name beside "sweet potato" pie - my boyfriend won't go near it if he hears that :(

    I wonder if I can fool him with "pumpkin pie", he loves pumpkin pie. Do mashed sweet potatoes have a similar texture?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Anile :)

    Kaye - I think you could totally fool your boyfriend into eating sweet potato pie! How deliciously sneaky ;) Most people assume it's pumpkin pie when they see it, if you mash the potatoes well they have a very similar consistency to pumpkin purée. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy kenolie Bess.
    This is the coolest recipe I've ever seen. I love it. Great job bob.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails