Thursday, June 10, 2010


My July issue of House & Home came yesterday... the summer issues are always a lark, featuring summer escapes and hideaways, largely in Muskoka, which is where I live.  For those of you familiar with it, it is the land of lakes, bordering Algonquin Park, full of magaical wilderness, in central Ontario.  Its a cottage destination, and in the summers the town is teeming with seasonal residents.  At any rate, more often than not, heritage, century old cottages are torn down to rebuild something bigger, more luxurious...and then I saw this lovely, 100 year old cottage and I ran over to my computer to share it with you.  The owners of this cottage considered tearing down, but then realized that its history was part of the charm.  Designer Jennifer Worts helped to create a light, airy cottage, one part rustic and one part mod (many of the peices are vintage!).  My favourite combo, and an element I like to bring in to my home too.  Its refreshing to see a renewed approach to Muskoka decorating.  I don't know about you, but after admiring this Muskoka getaway, I don't know why more old cottages survive. 







{love this deck.....bye bye wicker, hello mod!}

{I've also been lusting after these willow cubes for years...my attempts to make my own just don't mesure up!}




{stay tuned for an eco source guide to get the look of this cottage in your own home!}




 
Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you!

    So great to see that they kept the cottage and renovated rather than tear it down.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails