Sunday, May 9, 2010

The Green Traveller: The Pulitzer in Paris!


Right! So, I had promised you Paris 3 weeks ago.  What took me so long?  I scoured and I pored endlessly over the internet, struggling to find the perfect place.  Sure, there are many lovely places to stay in Paris, but I was looking for...je ne sais quoi...the perfect blend of old world and new, modern and vintage, luxury and sustainability, and of course, design!  I'm telling you, it took me forever to find what I was looking for.  However, I'm pleased, after all this time, to bring you The Pulitzer.  What made me choose?  Well, Paris, in my mind as I've never been there, alas, is not a place to stay in a big box hotel.  The city exudes charm and character, so I knew that I must find something small.  The Pulitzer offers 29 standard rooms in the 9th district, the historic Opera district; many a great boulangerie and shops nearby.  Situated in a remodeled historic building, you can be assured that nothing was torn down to house The Pulitzer.  The perfect blend of cosmopolitan charm, industrial ruggedness, old world luxe and perhaps even the touch of the mysterious goth the city is famous for, the hotel is sure to satisfy even the toughest eye.  With a heavy dose of recycled and vintage industrial elements, it's sustainable too.  However, whether the hotel's daily practices are eco as well remains to be seen.  I'll keep you posted.  None the less, I would definitely stay here.






{notice the vintage elements absolutely everywhere?}



{it may be hard to see, but the bathrooms all boast concrete tubs and sinks}






Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails