Thursday, October 14, 2010

{eco} design: off-grid in El Paso

Whew!  Sorry about my extended absence!  I was away at a very long trade show and underestimated the degree of exhaustion I was facing!  I had intended to post... but alas.  However, I'm back to regular posting, and you were on my mind!  I don't think you realize what a creative outlet this is for me and I missed it!  So, to kick off I've got a super cute, diy, off-grid haven to share with you, located in the deserts of Joshua Tree National Park in California.  What started as a birthday camping trip for owners Edmund & Lizet ended in ownership of this run down home, seeing potential in the spectacular views and not letting themselves be discouraged by the junk, old linoleum and purple walls.  Here's the good part: doing yourself and having being handy with a hammer really pays off: Edmund & Lizet did this entire home for $10,000!  True, Edmund is a furniture maker, which helped save a few bucks.  And, if you like the look of this home, you can rent it!



The wall art are actually the old linoleum tiles that they ripped off and liked the random pattern the glue made on the back!  Make art with totally unexpected, upcycled things!



Bookmark and Share

9 comments:

  1. I like your blog about pure green. Green is very cool colour. It is good thing to interiors with plant life because It is very natural. I personally like this kind of Interior. I love to combination of Interior and natural. Thank you so much for your post.
    church loans

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to stay around natural place. It is quite amazing experience and I think all people should have experienced this amazing feeling for change. I think this is a very good idea to live around natural beauty and feel very fresh. It is cool stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a perfect home as per my point of view. Because I always dream home in natural place. This is a very unique style. I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here I found very good combination of natural and Interior of design which is very Interesting. I think that this kind of combination give fresh look of your home. Really very cool stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that pure green design is the combination of natural and advance Interior design. It express the beauty of natural style with give a modern look of your home which is latest trend. This is a very good style of home design for those people who like to natural things for decorated their home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As per my thinking these pure green design is perfect to redesign the home for those who want to give natural look with so many advance facility in their house. I like the eco design as you presented here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds quite good about pure green design. Pure green design of home gives Eco friendly environment which is very good to take a fresh air. I really like to stay in Eco friendly atmosphere. Such a nice article!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is such a Eco friendly atmosphere. And everyone like to live here. It looks very dashing and very wonderful place, you shared here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You done a very best work with the old linoleum tiles. The wall are looks awesome and I really impressed with your art collections.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails